Liberalism is Semantics with Passion

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A Retraction and Apology

Yesterday I posted an article in regards to the Tory Environmental policy along with some comments on the days first Question Period. It was brought to my attention that some of the wording in my post was to be blunt, wrong. This error was brought to my attention by The Prairie Wrangler. Whom in response posted a hilarious article citing my errors. His post was quite funny and to be honest I enjoyed the absurdity of my mistake. But unfortunately, some took it upon themselves to respond to the post with a large amount of anger, which frankly was alarming. So I would like to humbly apologize for that post - and I assure you it's errors were unintentional. Also I would like to thank The Prairie Wrangler for his kind response to this perfect stranger.

To clarify - the exact line in question was “Mr. Dion who was a central architect for the conception of Kyoto!” Now obviously Mr. Dion did not create the Kyoto Protocol, what my intention was to describe Mr. Dion as an ardent supporter of the Kyoto Protocol - but regardless the fault still lies with me.

Perhaps this situation will serve as a lesson to the blogging world that kindness and integrity are virtues of the individual, and have little to do with ones political affiliation. So once more I would like to thank The Prairie Wrangler.

Thank You,
Liberal Semantics

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From someone on the other side of the political spectrum and the other side of the whole environment debate, I say well done! A class act.